toilet maintenance costs

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives toilet maintenance costs

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Im trying to figure out when it pays to replace a 3.5 gallon toilet with a new low flow toilet. How long does an old toilet last? Indefinitely if you keep repairing it? Also, does anyone have an estimate of the approximate yearly repair costs for an old toilet? If its 1 year old? 5 years old? 10? 20? Do the new toilets last indefinitely? What are their expected repair costs? And finally, how much does it cost for installation of the new toilet, and removal/disposal of the old one? I understand this might depend on your specific plumbing situation, but whats the range? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Participant

: Im trying to figure out when it pays to replace a 3.5 gallon toilet with a new low flow toilet. : How long does an old toilet last? Indefinitely if you keep repairing it? : Also, does anyone have an estimate of the approximate yearly repair costs for an old toilet? If its 1 year old? 5 years old? 10? 20? : Do the new toilets last indefinitely? What are their expected repair costs? : And finally, how much does it cost for installation of the new toilet, and removal/disposal of the old one? I understand this might depend on your specific plumbing situation, but whats the range? : Thanks to anyone who can help!:I personally like the older toilets over the 1.6 gal flush and therefore I would repair the one you have.The only reason I would replace it is if there is a foriegn object lodged in the toilet that could not be retrieved.short of that occasionally they flush poorly and can be cleaned with mueretic acid to clean the enternal flush jets.If you happen to have an old crane orone piece case toilet that the parts are harder to find and have a biult in china flush vale, you may want to replace.Short of that most parts can be updated and last years.Im in the middle Tenn area and work for a reputable company and I would say an owner furnished toilet could be installed foraround 75.00 give or take a few depending on the situation.

Participant

: Im trying to figure out when it pays to replace a 3.5 gallon toilet with a new low flow toilet. : How long does an old toilet last? Indefinitely if you keep repairing it? : Also, does anyone have an estimate of the approximate yearly repair costs for an old toilet? If its 1 year old? 5 years old? 10? 20? : Do the new toilets last indefinitely? What are their expected repair costs? : And finally, how much does it cost for installation of the new toilet, and removal/disposal of the old one? I understand this might depend on your specific plumbing situation, but whats the range? : Thanks to anyone who can help!:I personally like the older toilets over the 1.6 gal flush and therefore I would repair the one you have.The only reason I would replace it is if there is a foriegn object lodged in the toilet that could not be retrieved.short of that occasionally they flush poorly and can be cleaned with mueretic acid to clean the enternal flush jets.If you happen to have an old crane orone piece case toilet that the parts are harder to find and have a biult in china flush vale, you may want to replace.Short of that most parts can be updated and last years.Im in the middle Tenn area and work for a reputable company and I would say an owner furnished toilet could be installed foraround 75.00 give or take a few depending on the situation.

Participant

: Im trying to figure out when it pays to replace a 3.5 gallon toilet with a new low flow toilet. : How long does an old toilet last? Indefinitely if you keep repairing it? : Also, does anyone have an estimate of the approximate yearly repair costs for an old toilet? If its 1 year old? 5 years old? 10? 20? : Do the new toilets last indefinitely? What are their expected repair costs? : And finally, how much does it cost for installation of the new toilet, and removal/disposal of the old one? I understand this might depend on your specific plumbing situation, but whats the range? : Thanks to anyone who can help!

Participant

: Im trying to figure out when it pays to replace a 3.5 gallon toilet with a new low flow toilet. : How long does an old toilet last? Indefinitely if you keep repairing it? : Also, does anyone have an estimate of the approximate yearly repair costs for an old toilet? If its 1 year old? 5 years old? 10? 20? : Do the new toilets last indefinitely? What are their expected repair costs? : And finally, how much does it cost for installation of the new toilet, and removal/disposal of the old one? I understand this might depend on your specific plumbing situation, but whats the range? : Thanks to anyone who can help!

Participant

The cost of using the old vs the new 1.6 gal depends upon the cost of water in your area. Using the $75 as per the previous response, find the differance in galons per flush, multiply by number of flushes per day(week) and multiply by 355 (or 52) to find galons per year. Multiply by the cost of water in your area (watch your decimal point). The resulting number is the cost of keeping you old comode. I would suspect 3 to 10 years before any payback. There is also a conservation viewpoint, save as much water as you can.

Participant

The cost of using the old vs the new 1.6 gal depends upon the cost of water in your area. Using the $75 as per the previous response, find the differance in galons per flush, multiply by number of flushes per day(week) and multiply by 355 (or 52) to find galons per year. Multiply by the cost of water in your area (watch your decimal point). The resulting number is the cost of keeping you old comode. I would suspect 3 to 10 years before any payback. There is also a conservation viewpoint, save as much water as you can.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This