tankless coil cleaning?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives tankless coil cleaning?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone know what can be used to clean the deposits out of the inside of a coil.A friend had it done professionally years ago-I cant find anyone to do it.Everyone wants to replace the coil.House is only 9 years old and second coil is already working poorly.Anyone know of a product/brand that will work? Thanks-Matt

Participant

Muriatic pool acid works the best of anything. But,the fins on the outside of the coil can also get plugged with mud and then the heat transfer cannot occur.: Does anyone know what can be used to clean the deposits out of the inside of a coil.A friend had it done professionally years ago-I cant find anyone to do it.Everyone wants to replace the coil.House is only 9 years old and second coil is already working poorly.Anyone know of a product/brand that will work? Thanks-Matt

Participant

Muriatic pool acid works the best of anything. But,the fins on the outside of the coil can also get plugged with mud and then the heat transfer cannot occur.: Does anyone know what can be used to clean the deposits out of the inside of a coil.A friend had it done professionally years ago-I cant find anyone to do it.Everyone wants to replace the coil.House is only 9 years old and second coil is already working poorly.Anyone know of a product/brand that will work? Thanks-Matt

Participant

citric acid can be introduced during heating cycles. avoid fumes. muratic acid works but is much more dangerous. you can buy it over the counter from any chemist or pharmacy.

Participant

citric acid can be introduced during heating cycles. avoid fumes. muratic acid works but is much more dangerous. you can buy it over the counter from any chemist or pharmacy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This