electric water heater problem

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives electric water heater problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

The reset switch on my water heater pops off for no apparent reason.There are no leaks or any obvious signs of needed repair.Once reset the heater does its job fine until the next extended use.

Participant

: The reset switch on my water heater pops off for no apparent reason.There are no leaks or any obvious signs of needed repair.Once reset the heater does its job fine until the next extended use.:This seems to be a common problem because of one or two things. 1.The reset mechanism has gone bad,possibly due to an electrical jolt such as a lightning storm. 2. The lower t-stat has gone bad and allowing the heater to heat up to hot. The t-stats can be checked with a simple ohm meter and lighter.I hope this information helps.

Participant

: The reset switch on my water heater pops off for no apparent reason.There are no leaks or any obvious signs of needed repair.Once reset the heater does its job fine until the next extended use.:This seems to be a common problem because of one or two things. 1.The reset mechanism has gone bad,possibly due to an electrical jolt such as a lightning storm. 2. The lower t-stat has gone bad and allowing the heater to heat up to hot. The t-stats can be checked with a simple ohm meter and lighter.I hope this information helps.

Participant

Check the screws holding the wires and see if any of them are discolored. If so, the screw is loose and causing the reset to trip from the heat from the arcing.: The reset switch on my water heater pops off for no apparent reason.There are no leaks or any obvious signs of needed repair.Once reset the heater does its job fine until the next extended use.

Participant

Check the screws holding the wires and see if any of them are discolored. If so, the screw is loose and causing the reset to trip from the heat from the arcing.: The reset switch on my water heater pops off for no apparent reason.There are no leaks or any obvious signs of needed repair.Once reset the heater does its job fine until the next extended use.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This