Water pump work around? Pump ratings?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water pump work around? Pump ratings?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photojoshua van den Bergh

Id like to install a pitcher pump as an emergency back up to my existing well. Unfortunately the state does not allow a second well. Anyone have a work around for a dual system in the same shaft? Also can anyone tell me about the general quality and any problems with Red Jacket pumps?

Participant

Unless the working water level is about 20 feet down, then the only manual pump that would work would be a sucker rod one, and it would be too bulky to go into the same casing, and it could also not be sealed properly. If you do have a shallow well, then a two pipe well seal and a second drop from the pitcher pump would work.: Id like to install a pitcher pump as an emergency back up to my existing well. Unfortunately the state does not allow a second well. Anyone have a work around for a dual system in the same shaft? Also can anyone tell me about the general quality and any problems with Red Jacket pumps?

Participant

Unless the working water level is about 20 feet down, then the only manual pump that would work would be a sucker rod one, and it would be too bulky to go into the same casing, and it could also not be sealed properly. If you do have a shallow well, then a two pipe well seal and a second drop from the pitcher pump would work.: Id like to install a pitcher pump as an emergency back up to my existing well. Unfortunately the state does not allow a second well. Anyone have a work around for a dual system in the same shaft? Also can anyone tell me about the general quality and any problems with Red Jacket pumps?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This