External leak on water supply line to house.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives External leak on water supply line to house.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I believe I have a very slow leak on the water supply line into my home. It has not effected the water pressure in the house but I had hear it resonate throughout the lines and plumbing fixtures. I had the city come by and shut the water off at the curb and the sound quit. Are there any options available for repairing the line without digging up same? I was thinking that perhaps a product similar to the car tire puncture repair product could be applied to this problem. With the city curb stop value shut off and using water from a neighbors garden hose a sealing compound could be place in the line and force back to the leak where it would plug and solidify?? Im willing to try any and all compounds you may be able to think of that will not effect the potablility of the water. Failing this what is the most effective way to repair the line with the least amount of excavation.

Participant

NO no fix-it chemical. You are risking your health and the contaimination of city supply. You have to dig it up. Up in Canada you are probably deep in the ground.You have to wiegh the economics of your situation 1. how old is your line. 2. is it steel galvanized pipe. If its old and steel replace all of it. (copper k 3. if its copper look for the greenest grass in summer and dig it up. if its plastic or well pipe same as #3.is there a meter before or after the leak?

Participant

NO no fix-it chemical. You are risking your health and the contaimination of city supply. You have to dig it up. Up in Canada you are probably deep in the ground.You have to wiegh the economics of your situation 1. how old is your line. 2. is it steel galvanized pipe. If its old and steel replace all of it. (copper k 3. if its copper look for the greenest grass in summer and dig it up. if its plastic or well pipe same as #3.is there a meter before or after the leak?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This