Radiator Price

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Radiator Price

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

The pipes in our house recently froze and our landlord had a plumbing company come in and fix the damage. The plumbers replaced two radiators, both obviously old and used. On the bill we were charged for: 1. 20 section, 4 pipe radiator, approx. 2 feet tall — $300 2. 11 section, 6 pipe radiator, approx. 2 feet tall — $165 We, the tenants, feel that these prices are a bit extreme for old radiators, and probably reflect the prices of what they would cost if new.Could you please let us know what the prices of these radiators would be used? Or, what they would be new? We need to get a general idea of the prices for thes items. Thanks

Participant

: The pipes in our house recently froze : and our landlord had a plumbing company : come in and fix the damage. The plumbers : replaced two radiators, both obviously : old and used. On the bill we were charged : for: : 1. 20 section, 4 pipe radiator, approx. : 2 feet tall — $300 : 2. 11 section, 6 pipe radiator, approx. : 2 feet tall — $165 : We, the tenants, feel that these prices : are a bit extreme for old radiators, and : probably reflect the prices of what they : would cost if new.: Could you please let us know what the : prices of these radiators would be used? : Or, what they would be new? We need to : get a general idea of the prices for thes : items. Thanks

Participant

: The pipes in our house recently froze : and our landlord had a plumbing company : come in and fix the damage. The plumbers : replaced two radiators, both obviously : old and used. On the bill we were charged : for: : 1. 20 section, 4 pipe radiator, approx. : 2 feet tall — $300 : 2. 11 section, 6 pipe radiator, approx. : 2 feet tall — $165 : We, the tenants, feel that these prices : are a bit extreme for old radiators, and : probably reflect the prices of what they : would cost if new.: Could you please let us know what the : prices of these radiators would be used? : Or, what they would be new? We need to : get a general idea of the prices for thes : items. Thanks

Participant

I have been in the market for hot water radiators for the past several months, and I have found that price varies greatly. They are generally charged for buy the section, and I have seen them priced from $2.50 a section to $10.00 a section. The price that you were charged seems a bit high, but that will depend on the area of the country you are in, and if this price included installation then thats not a bad price. To my knowledge you can not get NEW radiators that is why old radiators command such a price. You can get cast iron baseboard, but that is also expensive. Hot water radiators are worth the price for good even heat.

Participant

I have been in the market for hot water radiators for the past several months, and I have found that price varies greatly. They are generally charged for buy the section, and I have seen them priced from $2.50 a section to $10.00 a section. The price that you were charged seems a bit high, but that will depend on the area of the country you are in, and if this price included installation then thats not a bad price. To my knowledge you can not get NEW radiators that is why old radiators command such a price. You can get cast iron baseboard, but that is also expensive. Hot water radiators are worth the price for good even heat.

Participant

: I have been in the market for hot water radiators for the past several months, and I have found that price varies greatly. They are generally charged for buy the section, and I have seen them priced from $2.50 a section to $10.00 a section. The price that you were charged seems a bit high, but that will depend on the area of the country you are in, and if this price included installation then thats not a bad price. To my knowledge you can not get NEW radiators that is why old radiators command such a price. You can get cast iron baseboard, but that is also expensive. Hot water radiators are worth the price for good even heat.

Participant

: I have been in the market for hot water radiators for the past several months, and I have found that price varies greatly. They are generally charged for buy the section, and I have seen them priced from $2.50 a section to $10.00 a section. The price that you were charged seems a bit high, but that will depend on the area of the country you are in, and if this price included installation then thats not a bad price. To my knowledge you can not get NEW radiators that is why old radiators command such a price. You can get cast iron baseboard, but that is also expensive. Hot water radiators are worth the price for good even heat.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This