Electric Hot Water Heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Electric Hot Water Heater

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I cleaned my hot water tank by shutting off the water supply and then draining all the water. I then turned on the water supply and ran water through the tank for about 15 minutes. I then shut off the water supply and completely drained the tank again. Now I have no hot water. I checked the reset on the tank, and the breaker. They appear to be fine. Any suggestions?

: I cleaned my hot water tank by shutting off the water supply and then draining all the water. I then turned on the water supply and ran water through the tank for about 15 minutes. I then shut off the water supply and completely drained the tank again. Now I have no hot water. I checked the reset on the tank, and the breaker. They appear to be fine. Any suggestions?The tank will take a couple of hrs to get hot, when you say the breaker, is this the fuse back at the main meter box ?. but what ever the case the problem would appear electrical, call ya local sparky (electrician)DISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

When you turned off the water to drain the tank did you also turn off the breaker for the power that feeds the elements? If you didnt replace your elements……..Lou

I replaced both the top & bottom heating elements — working fine now. Note: I did forget to shut the power off at the fuse box (breaker) when I drained the tank. That apparently caused the problem. Thanks for the advice.!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This