Building Shower Stall

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Building Shower Stall

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Im planning to build a shower stall against an outside wall in an older house. Any reason I cant put a sheet of 1 urethane board between the wall and the Wonder Board for added insulation.Sometime back several parties asked about plans for pouring a base and building a tile shower, but I cant find any replies. Can anyone direct me to such info?

Participant

Id recommend against the urethane. The wonderboard needs to be installed over a rigid wall, and I think the urethane board would prove to be too flexible.I responded to shower pan installation questions a few months back. The best books on the subject are by Michael Byrne titled Setting Tile and Setting Ceramic Tile (the earlier version of the book).

Participant

: Im planning to build a shower stall against an outside wall in an older house. Any reason I cant put a sheet of 1 urethane board between the wall and the Wonder Board for added insulation.: Sometime back several parties asked about plans for pouring a base and building a tile shower, but I cant find any replies. Can anyone direct me to such info? I have the Michael Byrne bokk and it is very good. I foun another resource that has great pictures and instructions is at the site:http://www.pascospecialty.com/sp00013.htm.I just printed these pages for my shower pan installation.

Participant

: Id recommend against the urethane. The wonderboard needs to be installed over a rigid wall, and I think the urethane board would prove to be too flexible.: I responded to shower pan installation questions a few months back. The best books on the subject are by Michael Byrne titled Setting Tile and Setting Ceramic Tile (the earlier version of the book).

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This