Basic Plumbing

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Basic Plumbing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am an engineering student at the Univ. of Texas. I have been assigned the responsibility of plumbing design (riser diagrams, matl specs, etc…), but I know nothing about plumbing. What might be a good source, and what codes are applicable.

Participant

: I am an engineering student at the Univ. of Texas. I have been assigned the responsibility of plumbing design (riser diagrams, matl specs, etc…), but I know nothing about plumbing. What might be a good source, and what codes are applicable.: I would first start with you local codes department to determine which code They are enforcing.Once that has been determined I would then purchase or borrow a code book with the particular code of your area.I am in the Nashville area and here we havenational code in effect.We have just switched to this code from southern standard code.I am assuming that you are refering to water risers as opposed to drainage and if that is the case the book should have chapter on water sizing and distribution.However, a code book is a great tool if you interpret it well.It is only a guide line and may not answer all of your questions.I hope this information is somewhat helpful.

Participant

A good souce of plumbing design is with A.S.P.E (AMERICAN SOCEITY OF PLUMBING ENGINEERS), as a member you can receive A.S.P.E. Data book which cover a wide range of plumbing topics, also you receive a monthly mag. Plumbing Engineer that updates you on all the plumbing topic on a national level.If you interstead on becoming a member e-mail me back for future information.P.S. Theres a meeting once a month set on the second tuesday of every at the Lone Star Cafe in San Marcos

Participant

: : I am an engineering student at the Univ. of Texas. I have been assigned the responsibility of plumbing design (riser diagrams, matl specs, etc…), but I know nothing about plumbing. What might be a good source, and what codes are applicable.: : I would first start with you local codes department to determine which code They are enforcing.Once that has been determined I would then purchase or borrow a code book with the particular code of your area.I am in the Nashville area and here we havenational code in effect.We have just switched to this code from southern standard code.I am assuming that you are refering to water risers as opposed to drainage and if that is the case the book should have chapter on water sizing and distribution.However, a code book is a great tool if you interpret it well.It is only a guide line and may not answer all of your questions.I hope this information is somewhat helpful.look at architectural graphic standards there are good examples of plumbing riser diagrams.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This