Garbage Disposal Broken: Please help!

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Garbage Disposal Broken: Please help!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi. We just moved into our new house and the disposal worked when we moved in. Unfortunately, when we went to run it recently, it made a bit of a slight whir and then did nothing more. Now when it is turned on, nothing happens at all. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Participant

: Hi. We just moved into our new house and the disposal worked when we moved in. Unfortunately, when we went to run it recently, it made a bit of a slight whir and then did nothing more. Now when it is turned on, nothing happens at all. Any thoughts? : Thanks in advance for your help.Hi. Have you tryed the reset button located on the bottom of the disposal? try that fist! If that is ok see if any thing is wedged inside. In is still doenst work e-mail me and we can offer maybe a different solution

Participant

: : Hi. We just moved into our new house and the disposal worked when we moved in. Unfortunately, when we went to run it recently, it made a bit of a slight whir and then did nothing more. Now when it is turned on, nothing happens at all. Any thoughts? : : Thanks in advance for your help.: Hi. Have you tryed the reset button located on the bottom of the disposal? try that fist! If that is ok see if any thing is wedged inside.Also try to use the hex key in the socket underneath the unit to release anything that is blocking the blades from turning (this causes the safety switch to trip, and stop power to it)REMOVE THE POWER CABLE FROM THE SOCKET BEFORE DOING THISDISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

: : : Hi. We just moved into our new house and the disposal worked when we moved in. Unfortunately, when we went to run it recently, it made a bit of a slight whir and then did nothing more. Now when it is turned on, nothing happens at all. Any thoughts? : : : Thanks in advance for your help.: : Hi. Have you tryed the reset button located on the bottom of the disposal? try that fist! If that is ok see if any thing is wedged inside.: : Also try to use the hex key in the socket underneath the unit to release anything that is blocking the blades from turning (this causes the safety switch to trip, and stop power to it)REMOVE THE POWER CABLE FROM THE SOCKET BEFORE DOING THIS: DISCLAIMER: All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

: : : Hi. We just moved into our new house and the disposal worked when we moved in. Unfortunately, when we went to run it recently, it made a bit of a slight whir and then did nothing more. Now when it is turned on, nothing happens at all. Any thoughts? : : : Thanks in advance for your help.: : Hi. Have you tryed the reset button located on the bottom of the disposal? try that fist! If that is ok see if any thing is wedged inside.: : Also try to use the hex key in the socket underneath the unit to release anything that is blocking the blades from turning (this causes the safety switch to trip, and stop power to it)REMOVE THE POWER CABLE FROM THE SOCKET BEFORE DOING THIS: DISCLAIMER: All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane AustraliaMy disposal hums, but doesnt begin turning on its own. The inside will spin if I mauually turn it (its not jammed) and if I turn the unit on, and then use a plumbers friend to get it going, it works. Once I turn it off, Im back to sqare one. Any thoughts?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This