gas water heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas water heater

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have ruud hot water tank that is about 8 years old. My problem started about6 months ago. About once a month there would by no hot water. I would go look at the tank and see that the power vent was running but the flame was not. I would then unplug the unit and then plug it back in then it would work for a couple weeks, then stop working again. I would unplug again and it would start up normally. Now this is happening 2 times a day. I have now discovered that if I just unplug the pressure transducer line with it still running, then plug the line back into the power vent, the gas will kick on and complete the entire cycle. The water heater well then shut off after the water reaches correct temp, but then when it trys to start up again the power vent turns on but no flame is detected until i dissconnect that plastic line that goes to the pressure transducer..???????? please help

: I have ruud hot water tank that is about 8 years old. My problem started about6 months ago. About once a month there would by no hot water. I would go look at the tank and see that the power vent was running but the flame was not. I would then unplug the unit and then plug it back in then it would work for a couple weeks, then stop working again. I would unplug again and it would start up normally. Now this is happening 2 times a day. I have now discovered that if I just unplug the pressure transducer line with it still running, then plug the line back into the power vent, the gas will kick on and complete the entire cycle. The water heater well then shut off after the water reaches correct temp, but then when it trys to start up again the power vent turns on but no flame is detected until i dissconnect that plastic line that goes to the pressure transducer..???????? please helpthe older Ruud heaters have a control that only allows 1 try for ignition and the locksout, new controls allow 3 tries, try a new module

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This