gas fired boiler for radiator heating system

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas fired boiler for radiator heating system

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I will be needing to replace my present gas fired boiler with a new one. My present system was originally a coal fired boiler that was retrofitted to work with gas. It is OLD. The radiators are all in good shape and work well. Does anyone know where/how to guide me on a replacement? It will be heating about 3800 sq. ft. in a 1911 house. Thanks for any help. Art

Participant

Many depends pop up here. Depends if you want a great high end boiler or just a good, cast iron boiler that will last a very long time. Depends on whether you want to use outdoor reset where the water temperature changes with outdoor temperature or you just want to use one temperature water. What you should be doing is getting advice like you are here to educate yourself but look for a really good contractor that knows his/her stuff with the high tehnology we are seeing in hydronics. Viessmann and Buderus boilers are high end European boilers but Utica, Peerless and other American cast iron boiler manufacturers are good too. Tekmar controls are the best in hydronic outdoor resets and are worth the investment. You want to make sure the contractor knows how to size the new boiler. You need to assume the old boiler is oversized, which it probably is, and size to the radiation or a heat loss calculation. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Participant

The link below has lots of good reading…Lou

Participant

: Many depends pop up here. Depends if you want a great high end boiler or just a good, cast iron boiler that will last a very long time. Depends on whether you want to use outdoor reset where the water temperature changes with outdoor temperature or you just want to use one temperature water. What you should be doing is getting advice like you are here to educate yourself but look for a really good contractor that knows his/her stuff with the high tehnology we are seeing in hydronics. Viessmann and Buderus boilers are high end European boilers but Utica, Peerless and other American cast iron boiler manufacturers are good too. Tekmar controls are the best in hydronic outdoor resets and are worth the investment. You want to make sure the contractor knows how to size the new boiler. You need to assume the old boiler is oversized, which it probably is, and size to the radiation or a heat loss calculation. : Hope this helped. Good luck.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This