baseboard tee

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing baseboard tee

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #273824
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

        I am currently installing a hot water exchanger to my wood boiler and and a bit lost when it calls for a baseboard tee to be installed at top of the exchanger just what is this part. A way of releasing air in system. can I replace it with a standard valve? Help been to a couple hardware stores and they have never heard of this part.

      • #288624
        Avatar photoHarold Kestenholz

          This part may be known locally in the Northeastern U.S. by that name. Technically, as it is used commonly with 3/4-inch copper tubing, installers might also ask for a 3/4 by 1/8 FPT by 3/4 solder tee; although they come in larger and smaller sizes for other tubing sizes.

          A baseboard tee looks like a brass or forged copper solder elbow with a 1/8-inch female pipe tap at the curve. Air vents or plugs are screwed into the tapping to permit air removal or gauge service at a later date.

          Go to in the series design course there to see the proper use of the tapping and fittings that insert into them.

      Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

      Pin It on Pinterest

      Share This