slow flush

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing slow flush

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The water wasn’t draining fast enough from the bowl to take down the solids without flushing 2 or 3 times. I snaked the drain made sure all the vents were clear with no improvement. I removed the toilet and snaked the drain from the other side I even flushed a towel through the drain and worked it back and forth to try to remove any possible obstruction with no improvement. In desperation I dumped a bottle of CLR into the water in the bowl and let it sit for abotu 8 hours, I then flushed the CLR out of the bowl and dumped it into the tank and proceeded to flush it through the toilet about 12 times. After doing this the toilet is now flushing like it is new, there must have been just enough calcium built up in the drain to restrict the flush. Just thought I would pass on this bit of info.

Participant

I am having the same problem. It seemed much worse after I dropped those blue 4000 flushes things in the tank. I tried to slide it over or remove and it was just mush. What is CLR and where do I get it?

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by help!:
            I am having the same problem. It seemed much worse after I dropped those blue 4000 flushes things in the tank. I tried to slide it over or remove and it was just mush. What is CLR and where do I get it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This