I want to be a plumber

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing I want to be a plumber

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am really interested in becoming a plumber, but just need a little help getting started. Right now I am attending
        a four year school to become a history teacher, but what I really want to do is become a plumber. During the summers I work
        with the city of Red Wing in the sewer department and really enjoyed this work. Basically, I am looking for someone to give
        me a break, because they would be getting very hard working and determined person.

Thank you,
        Bryce Barry

Participant

You want to be a plumber. Why?

Participant

My question was already asked by Richard… WHY?

It’s not all the glamore you see on TV or in the movies. Working for the sewer department at least got you into the business end of plumbing. Try a local union if one is around your area. Otherwise talk to some of the plumbing contractors in the area and tell them what you are doing and would like to do. You may find a generous soul that way.

Good luck…

Participant

Great advice Bob, Unfortuntly too many bums are now coming into this one time profession.

The apprentice training it seems is lacking judgement who they accept into the program.

Most highly skilled folks go into HVAC or electronics.

The less desirables are filtering into “plumbing”

I wish you luck BUT I would honestly think you should try it for 6 months before you decide to make it a career move.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This