Toilet leaking on flush

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet leaking on flush

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I was in my crawl space yesterday and when my step-son flushed the main toilet I heard water flowing through the pipes but I also heard water dripping down the sides of the pipe as well. I asked him to flush again and when the water started draining the was water soaking through the wood around the pipe dripping onto the floor. It wasnt dripping an entire toilet full into the crawl space, but enough was dripping to create a small pool. Im a little worried that the wood underneath the toilet may be soaked and rotting. My question is where might the leak be and where should I start trying to fix the problem? Should I start be removing the toilet and going that direction or start in the crawl space and work up. Im a new house owner and brand new to any plumbing. Thanks for any info anybody may have.

Participant

Since it leaks when flushed, the most likely place to check is the seal under the toilet.: I was in my crawl space yesterday and when my step-son flushed the main toilet I heard water flowing through the pipes but I also heard water dripping down the sides of the pipe as well. I asked him to flush again and when the water started draining the was water soaking through the wood around the pipe dripping onto the floor. It wasnt dripping an entire toilet full into the crawl space, but enough was dripping to create a small pool. Im a little worried that the wood underneath the toilet may be soaked and rotting. My question is where might the leak be and where should I start trying to fix the problem? Should I start be removing the toilet and going that direction or start in the crawl space and work up. Im a new house owner and brand new to any plumbing. Thanks for any info anybody may have.

Participant

: Since it leaks when flushed, the most likely place to check is the seal under the toilet.: : I was in my crawl space yesterday and when my step-son flushed the main toilet I heard water flowing through the pipes but I also heard water dripping down the sides of the pipe as well. I asked him to flush again and when the water started draining the was water soaking through the wood around the pipe dripping onto the floor. It wasnt dripping an entire toilet full into the crawl space, but enough was dripping to create a small pool. Im a little worried that the wood underneath the toilet may be soaked and rotting. My question is where might the leak be and where should I start trying to fix the problem? Should I start be removing the toilet and going that direction or start in the crawl space and work up. Im a new house owner and brand new to any plumbing. Thanks for any info anybody may have.Also make sure that hold down screws on each side of commode base are snug, and bowl is level.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This