Plumbing Under Slab

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Plumbing Under Slab

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My house was built in 1952 on a concrete slab with the plumbing forever beneath it. What are the options when the cleanout plugs have rusted into the cast iron pipes? Im afraid to try to unthread them (the pipe might break or move under the slab).

: My house was built in 1952 on a concrete slab with the plumbing forever beneath it. What are the options when the cleanout plugs have rusted into the cast iron pipes? Im afraid to try to unthread them (the pipe might break or move under the slab).

As my father used to say, Its a good thing cleanout plugs are made thin, because you usually have to cut them out. And he was correct, just drill some holes in it, and then use a small hacksaw or hacksaw blade to make two cuts close together through the thread area and use a hammer and chisel to remove the piece of metal between them. Then the plug will remove fairly easily.: My house was built in 1952 on a concrete slab with the plumbing forever beneath it. What are the options when the cleanout plugs have rusted into the cast iron pipes? Im afraid to try to unthread them (the pipe might break or move under the slab).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This