Cracked Toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Cracked Toilet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have an American Standard toilet which is about 12 years old. It cracked today where the seat attaches to the bowl. Does anyone know if there is a defect with these toilets or if I can otherwise go after American Standard because of the crack? I didnt think Id need to replace the toilet this soon!!

Participant

The defect is in the seat which probably had steel bolts which corroded and created pressure which cracked the bowl. You well have to buy a new toilet, and even if A/S had a liablility, which they dont, any costs would be far in excess of the price for a new unit. And since the new one will be a 1.6 gpf model, check with your water company to see if they give a rebate for retrofitting the new toilet into your residence.: I have an American Standard toilet which is about 12 years old. It cracked today where the seat attaches to the bowl. Does anyone know if there is a defect with these toilets or if I can otherwise go after American Standard because of the crack? I didnt think Id need to replace the toilet this soon!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This