Faucet Wont Shut Off

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Faucet Wont Shut Off

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My bathtub faucet wont shut off. It is a Delta faucet that has one handle which controls both the on/off-hot/cold functions. Several months ago it started doing the same thing. A kit was installed, but it never really completely stoppped. Now, it wont shut off at all. Tonight, when I tried to turned it off, it refused to shut off; it is sturdy flowing hot water. What might be the problem? Could the valves be bad or does it sound like a fixture problem. If it is a valve problem, my insurance will pay for repairs. However, if it is a fixture problem it is not covered. I thank you for responding. Either way, I am going to have to get it fixed.

Participant

: My bathtub faucet wont shut off. It is a Delta faucet that has one handle which controls both the on/off-hot/cold functions. Several months ago it started doing the same thing. A kit was installed, but it never really completely stoppped. Now, it wont shut off at all. Tonight, when I tried to turned it off, it refused to shut off; it is sturdy flowing hot water. What might be the problem? Could the valves be bad or does it sound like a fixture problem. If it is a valve problem, my insurance will pay for repairs. However, if it is a fixture problem it is not covered. I thank you for responding. Either way, I am going to have to get it fixed.problems like this are rare with delta. was the cartridge as well as springs and washers replaced with OEM parts or imports. it can make a diffrence.

Participant

That sounds like the problem when non-OEM parts are used for repairs. The rubber seats tear and let the water leak. Also, the ball or cartridge should be replaced at the same time. The repair should be effective immediately. If the faucet still leaks, even a little, the repair was not done correctly.: My bathtub faucet wont shut off. It is a Delta faucet that has one handle which controls both the on/off-hot/cold functions. Several months ago it started doing the same thing. A kit was installed, but it never really completely stoppped. Now, it wont shut off at all. Tonight, when I tried to turned it off, it refused to shut off; it is sturdy flowing hot water. What might be the problem? Could the valves be bad or does it sound like a fixture problem. If it is a valve problem, my insurance will pay for repairs. However, if it is a fixture problem it is not covered. I thank you for responding. Either way, I am going to have to get it fixed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This