Sump pump – lift station

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sump pump – lift station

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a friend who was told her sewer line had collapsed. To replace the line about $5200, to install a sump pump/lift station $6200. Does the price quoted sound in line and which is the better option?

Participant

: I have a friend who was told her sewer line had collapsed. To replace the line about $5200, to install a sump pump/lift station $6200. Does the price quoted sound in line and which is the better option?I would suggest always installing a gravity flow system when ever possible. A lift station which you are calling a sump pump is mechanical and if there are power outages or electrical problems … the sewer becomes a problem. I have aways recommended using schedule 40 pvc -dwv pipe and make clean outs every 50 feet or so. If your friends sewer line is collapsed is was problably made of terra cotta or pressed paper, a very popular item of 30 years ago. $6200.00 sounds very cheap for a lift station. Watch for electrical costs over and above the plumbers cost.

Participant

An ejector system still needs a working sewer line. If you have to install one for the pump, you might as well do it propely and install it for the building. Mechanical systems are designed to serve systems that cannot be served by conventional gravity sewers. They are subject to many failures and if it is the sole drainage for a building, then it should have dual pumps and a full alternating, emergency on, and alarm system with a building water supply cut-off to prevent water from being used if the pump is out of service. That system cannot be installed for $6,200.00 and anything less will have major problems down the road.: I have a friend who was told her sewer line had collapsed. To replace the line about $5200, to install a sump pump/lift station $6200. Does the price quoted sound in line and which is the better option?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This