Boosting city water pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Boosting city water pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am looking for information/experiences on using a shallow well pump installed in line with city water to boost water pressure. My current city water pressure is 5-10 psi. I know there are venders hawking systems they claim are specifically for this application. However, they tend to run 2-3 times more expensive than a comparably sized well pump. Does anyone know what you get for this money?

Participant

: I am looking for information/experiences on using a shallow well pump installed in line with city water to boost water pressure. My current city water pressure is 5-10 psi. I know there are venders hawking systems they claim are specifically for this application. However, they tend to run 2-3 times more expensive than a comparably sized well pump. Does anyone know what you get for this money? Shallow well pumps included inline with your city water should always have a back flow preventor inline to stop back syphonage from happening. Why not look into a booster pump for same problem?

Participant

Have installed many systems such as you seem be describing. The pump/tank unit has a check valve to prevent backflow and a bypass with a check valve to allow the city system to flow directly into the building if its pressure is adequate.: I am looking for information/experiences on using a shallow well pump installed in line with city water to boost water pressure. My current city water pressure is 5-10 psi. I know there are venders hawking systems they claim are specifically for this application. However, they tend to run 2-3 times more expensive than a comparably sized well pump. Does anyone know what you get for this money?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This