clogged washer drain

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives clogged washer drain

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

When the washer is draining, the water backs up in the large pipe, overflowing onto the floor. I have used traditional drain cleaners (chemicals, too), and nothing unclogs the drain. I even ran a water hose down the drain pipe to its junction, and turned it on full blast (fairly high water pressure from an irrigation pump). The water flowed out just fine. But, the water being pumped out of the washer slowly overfills the drain pipe until it overflows. What gives? Is there a reasonable, easy method of handling this problem? I have been told that small acors and other debris have probably fallen into the drain pipe that goes to the roof (for whatever purpose), and may been clogging up the system enough to constrict the higher volume of water being pumped out of the washer.

Participant

the purpose for the pipe out the roof is so that the drain will work in the first place. It is usually just soap and lint that slows the drain. An electric auger will clear it and allow proper drainage again.: When the washer is draining, the water backs up in the large pipe, overflowing onto the floor. I have used traditional drain cleaners (chemicals, too), and nothing unclogs the drain. I even ran a water hose down the drain pipe to its junction, and turned it on full blast (fairly high water pressure from an irrigation pump). The water flowed out just fine. But, the water being pumped out of the washer slowly overfills the drain pipe until it overflows. What gives? Is there a reasonable, easy method of handling this problem? I have been told that small acors and other debris have probably fallen into the drain pipe that goes to the roof (for whatever purpose), and may been clogging up the system enough to constrict the higher volume of water being pumped out of the washer.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This