leaking tap that refuses to be fixed

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives leaking tap that refuses to be fixed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

i have tried repeatedly to stop a leak from a tap in the kitchen sink. i have replaced washers, o-rings, re-faced the seat and even put stainless steel inserts in the seat, but i still have a dripping tap even when i apply full force to try and turn it off. Please help i am all out of ideas

Participant

: i have tried repeatedly to stop a leak from a tap in the kitchen sink. i have replaced washers, o-rings, re-faced the seat and even put stainless steel inserts in the seat, but i still have a dripping tap even when i apply full force to try and turn it off. Please help i am all out of ideasif the seat is removeable type, i would remove it and check for cracks in its body. if none are found, reinstall the seat with thread sealer. if the valve has been turned off real hard it is possible the valve body has cracked in the area of seat threads and this is not repairable.if you are using a DIY resurfaceing tool, remember the surface must be glassy smooth.

Participant

: i have tried repeatedly to stop a leak from a tap in the kitchen sink. i have replaced washers, o-rings, re-faced the seat and even put stainless steel inserts in the seat, but i still have a dripping tap even when i apply full force to try and turn it off. Please help i am all out of ideasWhen you put in the stainless steel seat, did you remove the clear plastic washer they come with and use teflon tape instead?. The plastic washer squashes out and leaksDISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane AustraliaIf you have more problem, Im in Brisbane.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This