Toilet wont flush

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet wont flush

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My toilet wont flush. Ive used an auger and a plunger. Ive removed the toilet to check to see if the baby had thrown anything in it. I removed the toilet and placed it in the tub. I took a water hose and run water through all the holes, then I filled the toilet up with water and flushed it and it flushed. I put a new wax ring down and re-installed the toilet. After connecting the water lines and filling the toilet with water I flushed it and it still worked, so I finished installing. I tightened it down and caulked around the toilet. After cleaning up my mess and feeling good about fixing the problem I tried to flush it again and it wouldnt flush. Can you please help? Do you have any idea what is causing this? We just bought our house about three months ago and the toilet looks fairly new. I really dont want to buy another toilet unless necessary. Please, help me if you can.Sincerely Jimmy

Participant

There is a problem with the sewer under the floor. It is most likely obstructed and takes one or two flushes to fill the ppe and stop the toilet from flushing.: My toilet wont flush. Ive used an auger and a plunger. Ive removed the toilet to : check to see if the baby had thrown anything in it. I removed the toilet and placed it in the : tub. I took a water hose and run water through all the holes, then I filled the toilet up with : water and flushed it and it flushed. I put a new wax ring down and re-installed the toilet. : After connecting the water lines and filling the toilet with water I flushed it and it still : worked, so I finished installing. I tightened it down and caulked around the toilet. After : cleaning up my mess and feeling good about fixing the problem I tried to flush it again and it : wouldnt flush. Can you please help? Do you have any idea what is causing this? We just : bought our house about three months ago and the toilet looks fairly new. I really dont want to : buy another toilet unless necessary. Please, help me if you can.: Sincerely : Jimmy

Participant

: There is a problem with the sewer under the floor. It is most likely obstructed and takes one or two flushes to fill the ppe and stop the toilet from flushing.: : My toilet wont flush. Ive used an auger and a plunger. Ive removed the toilet to : : check to see if the baby had thrown anything in it. I removed the toilet and placed it in the : : tub. I took a water hose and run water through all the holes, then I filled the toilet up with : : water and flushed it and it flushed. I put a new wax ring down and re-installed the toilet. : : After connecting the water lines and filling the toilet with water I flushed it and it still : : worked, so I finished installing. I tightened it down and caulked around the toilet. After : : cleaning up my mess and feeling good about fixing the problem I tried to flush it again and it : : wouldnt flush. Can you please help? Do you have any idea what is causing this? We just : : bought our house about three months ago and the toilet looks fairly new. I really dont want to : : buy another toilet unless necessary. Please, help me if you can.: : Sincerely : : JimmyYou mean the toilet will not empty, so the bowl fills up to the top, then hj is correct, you have a blocked drain……..or do you mean the cistern will not let water into the bowl then check the passage of water from the cistern to the bowl??Hope you used a very good disinfectant in the bath before you put your kid in it :)DISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This