Septic Systems

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Septic Systems

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a septic system that must contain a pump to reach the bed location: 1. is preferred to pump the raw sewage or effluent from the tank 2: what is the preferred method to freeze protect the pipe [ pump to bed]

Participant

The effluent is the preferred medium. It does not have solids so there is less likelihood that the pump would get obstructed. And also less chance of solids being forced through the tank and into the bed. : I have a septic system that must contain a pump to reach the bed location: 1. is preferred to pump the raw sewage or effluent from the tank 2: what is the preferred method to freeze protect the pipe [ pump to bed]

Participant

: I have a septic system that must contain a pump to reach the bed location: 1. is preferred to pump the raw sewage or effluent from the tank 2: what is the preferred method to freeze protect the pipe [ pump to bed] We use the Nodak system here in North Dakota. The effluent is pumped from the tank with a submersible sump pump. The drain field is only about 24 inches below surface. The pump is suspended in the tank by an 8 foot pvc pipe which screws into the outlet of the pump. The top of the pipe has a 90 degree elbow which connects through a coupler to another pvc pipe which feeds the drain field. To service the pump, you disconnect the coupler and pull out the 8 ft pvc pipe to which your pump is connected. The service point is a 12 to 14 inch pvc which extends down into the outlet end of the tank. One benefit of this system is that you dont have to worry about your pump freezing up in the winter as it is 8 ft under ground. Del

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This