What to do about stains in a porcelain tub

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives What to do about stains in a porcelain tub

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Once you have tried all of the scrubbing solutions, what can be done to cover up stains in a porcelain bath tub?I have seen services that claim to recoat the tub but they seem expensive (almost like buying a new one) and who knows how well that lasts. Anyone have other ideas?

Participant

: Once you have tried all of the scrubbing solutions, what can be done to cover up stains in a porcelain bath tub?: I have seen services that claim to recoat the tub but they seem expensive (almost like buying a new one) and who knows how well that lasts. Anyone have other ideas?Im assuming you mean the brown/yellow stains you get under the tap spout, where its been dripping. Use hydrochloric acid. Wear rubber gloves, and glasses……. THIS WILL BURN YOU BAD. A single wipe with neat acid will clean up the stainDISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

: : Once you have tried all of the scrubbing solutions, what can be done to cover up stains in a porcelain bath tub?: : I have seen services that claim to recoat the tub but they seem expensive (almost like buying a new one) and who knows how well that lasts. Anyone have other ideas?: Im assuming you mean the brown/yellow stains you get under the tap spout, where its been dripping. Use hydrochloric acid. Wear rubber gloves, and glasses……. THIS WILL BURN YOU BAD. A single wipe with neat acid will clean up the stain: DISCLAIMER: All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australiause the same in the WC as well to get the make out from a leaking cistern DISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

I guess they are stains from those Dont slip adhesive stickers that people use on the bottom of a tub. The stickers are gone but they damaged the porcelain.I dont know if these will burn out or if they require new porcelain overcoating.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This