septic tank smell

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives septic tank smell

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kyle Collins

I have a septic smell in the house, which only occurs after a load of laundry has been completed. The septic tank was drained one year ago-even though it didnt need it, and all vent stacks were cleared out as well. I can find no water leakage anywhere, however, on really cool still nights the septic smell can become intense outside,without any major use of water. I have also made certain that all traps have been filled. please help.

steve mccall

: I have a septic smell in the house, which only occurs after a load of laundry has been completed. The septic tank was drained one year ago-even though it didnt need it, and all vent stacks were cleared out as well. I can find no water leakage anywhere, however, on really cool still nights the septic smell can become intense outside,without any major use of water. I have also made certain that all traps have been filled. : please help.Is the lid of the tank sealed properly ??DISCLAIMERAll advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

steve mccall

: I have a septic smell in the house, which only occurs after a load of laundry has been completed. The septic tank was drained one year ago-even though it didnt need it, and all vent stacks were cleared out as well. I can find no water leakage anywhere, however, on really cool still nights the septic smell can become intense outside,without any major use of water. I have also made certain that all traps have been filled. : please help.

steve mccall

: : I have a septic smell in the house, which only occurs after a load of laundry has been completed. The septic tank was drained one year ago-even though it didnt need it, and all vent stacks were cleared out as well. I can find no water leakage anywhere, however, on really cool still nights the septic smell can become intense outside,without any major use of water. I have also made certain that all traps have been filled. : : please help. I have since located and uncovered the septic tank. It did not have any substantial odor, prior to uncovering the tank. There was no sealant used on the lids. The lids are about two feet in diameter and are fiberglass, just like the unit itself. Also the tank is about three feet underground.

steve mccall

Steve, I also have the same exact problem as you do. One thing I have done is to raise the vent pipes on the roof by a few feet (my theroy is that the cooler heavier air carries the septic smell down to the ground) this has helped some I have also used a variety of organic septic cleaner to try and reduce the smell but as yet I havent found one that seems to work. If anyone out there of something else please let us know.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This