Aqua Pex Vs Copper – Under Slab

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Aqua Pex Vs Copper – Under Slab

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MasterPlumbers
      Keymaster

I am looking into the purchase of a home built on a slab with the Aqua Pex water delivery system installed under the slab.
      Is it your opinion that this system is as good or better than copper tubing? How long has Aqua Pex been in use in the U.S.? How long
      do you feel it will last?
      Thank You.

wpc

I would have no fear of pex being being installed under ground. Copper pipe has had its share of problems in certain type of soil. The proper installation of any of these two products would be my only cause for concern.

Plastic and copper are GREAT until they fail. WHICH they do.

There are major lawsuits happening against “plastic failures”

Before you even think of under slab NEVER to be able to service/repair/inspect systems why not read my articles 1st THEN you make the decision.

I just don’t like the idea of putting heating piping underground when it isn’t absolutely necessary.

Being a Master plumber And a heating contractor and Master fire suppression piping contractor I would only install Quality Cast Iron or type K copper under ground call me foolish BUT I like having a great reputation using products that have withstood the test of time.

I have seen copper and Bronze over 3,000 years old still looking like new.

I don’t think TOXIC/brittle plastic can make this claim.

This is only my humble opinion so you think long and hard before you bury a pipe you will never see again (hopefully your the lucky one)

Just ask to see the License and make sure they are insured HEAVILY.

Here read this then please get back to me as I am curious as to your decision
      http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbing/plumbviews/plasticfailure.html
      http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbing/plumbviews/heating.html

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This