PolyButelyne Pipe Replacements/Older Homes

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives PolyButelyne Pipe Replacements/Older Homes

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate any information.

Participant

: Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : any information.Please e-mail me with the specifics of your case. Home? Mobile home? I will be more than happy to help you or anyone else who has questions regarding polybutylene plumbing.

Participant

The best advice I can give you is to check that you do not have the gray PB inside the house. If yo do, that has a 12 year limit.: Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : any information.

Participant

: Not true! First you must determine what type of home it is. If it is a mobile home then you must file a claim within 11 years of the plumbing installation. If you live in a Single family dwelling and you have plastic fittings you have to file a claim within 14 years of the plumbings installation. Lastly, if you live in a Single family dwelling that has metal insert fittings then you have to file the claim within 17 years of the plumbing installation. Although the timeliness in which you file you claim is a major factor, keep in mind that there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Please e-mail me if you have any questions at [email protected] : The best advice I can give you is to check that you do not have the gray PB inside the house. If yo do, that has a 12 year limit.: : Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : : any information.

Participant

: : Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : : any information.: Please e-mail me with the specifics of your case. Home? Mobile home? I will be more than happy to help you or anyone else who has questions regarding polybutylene plumbing.

Participant

: : Not true! First you must determine what type of home it is. If it is a mobile home then you must file a claim within 11 years of the plumbing installation. If you live in a Single family dwelling and you have plastic fittings you have to file a claim within 14 years of the plumbings installation. Lastly, if you live in a Single family dwelling that has metal insert fittings then you have to file the claim within 17 years of the plumbing installation. Although the timeliness in which you file you claim is a major factor, keep in mind that there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Please e-mail me if you have any questions at [email protected] : : The best advice I can give you is to check that you do not have the gray PB inside the house. If yo do, that has a 12 year limit.: : : Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : : : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : : : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : : : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : : : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : : : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : : : any information. Ive just been told by the company handling the claims, that Ive missed the timeline by a few months. I live in a townhome & the person adjacent to me had this problem the end of last year. Are there any loopholes or other suggestions you have. Thanks in advance for your help.

Participant

I have a 1986 Champion Home Concord S/N 172-N-5535 AB that has continual leak from the polybutalene plumbing. Has the lawsuit reopen as I was told or what mean could we change out the system without breaking our wallet.Douglas Withers 334-679-0896 7906 Ridge Rd. Saraland, Al. 36571

Participant

Do you know if I have any recourse if I bought a mobile home 2 years ago, but the home was manufactured in 1982 or 1983 and has the gray polybut pipe inside. I havent experienced any leaks but I dont know the history of the mobile home and its prior owner.

Participant

: : Not true! First you must determine what type of home it is. If it is a mobile home then you must file a claim within 11 years of the plumbing installation. If you live in a Single family dwelling and you have plastic fittings you have to file a claim within 14 years of the plumbings installation. Lastly, if you live in a Single family dwelling that has metal insert fittings then you have to file the claim within 17 years of the plumbing installation. Although the timeliness in which you file you claim is a major factor, keep in mind that there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Please e-mail me if you have any questions at [email protected] : : The best advice I can give you is to check that you do not have the gray PB inside the house. If yo do, that has a 12 year limit.: : : Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : : : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : : : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : : : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : : : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : : : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : : : any information.Can someone tell me how to get this pipe replaced

Participant

: : : Not true! First you must determine what type of home it is. If it is a mobile home then you must file a claim within 11 years of the plumbing installation. If you live in a Single family dwelling and you have plastic fittings you have to file a claim within 14 years of the plumbings installation. Lastly, if you live in a Single family dwelling that has metal insert fittings then you have to file the claim within 17 years of the plumbing installation. Although the timeliness in which you file you claim is a major factor, keep in mind that there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Please e-mail me if you have any questions at [email protected] : : : The best advice I can give you is to check that you do not have the gray PB inside the house. If yo do, that has a 12 year limit.: : : : Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : : : : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : : : : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : : : : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : : : : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : : : : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : : : : any information.: Can someone tell me how to get this pipe replaced what if you just found out about the replacement of such pipe. who do you contact about the replacement of the pipe. I have a mobile home and this pipe leaks all the time

Participant

: I have a 1986 Champion Home Concord S/N 172-N-5535 AB that has continual leak from the polybutalene plumbing. Has the lawsuit reopen as I was told or what mean could we change out the system without breaking our wallet.: Douglas Withers : 334-679-0896 : 7906 Ridge Rd. : Saraland, Al. 36571

Participant

: : : Not true! First you must determine what type of home it is. If it is a mobile home then you must file a claim within 11 years of the plumbing installation. If you live in a Single family dwelling and you have plastic fittings you have to file a claim within 14 years of the plumbings installation. Lastly, if you live in a Single family dwelling that has metal insert fittings then you have to file the claim within 17 years of the plumbing installation. Although the timeliness in which you file you claim is a major factor, keep in mind that there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Please e-mail me if you have any questions at [email protected] : : : The best advice I can give you is to check that you do not have the gray PB inside the house. If yo do, that has a 12 year limit.: : : : Anyone have any advice for help on replacing the poly-blue : : : : pipes in a home that is over 10 years old and has just : : : : missed the 10 year limit? Is there another way to get : : : : this stuff replaced without too much out of pocket : : : : expenses to myself? Should a typical homeowners policy : : : : cover this? What would it fall under? I would appreciate : : : : any information.: Can someone tell me how to get this pipe replaced

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This