Bathroom wall tile

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Bathroom wall tile

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

3 courses of tile rise above the tub, then a course of corner tile then a flat tiled area 4 tiles deep, then the tiled wall. Several tile on the shelf became loose. On removing same I found a 1/2 inch layer of a filler like putty presumably to raise the tile to an appropriate level. Since there are only a few tiles to replace I want to know how to duplicate the spacing product so the tile mastic will stick to it and bring the tile level to other tile.

Participant

Roger, Build up the base with 2 sand 1 cement (not too sloppy , toothpaste consistancy) to the level you need. Tile adhesive will stick to this after it sets, or you can also bed the tiles on the wet cement mix without adhesive.: 3 courses of tile rise above the tub, then a course of corner tile then a flat tiled area 4 tiles deep, then the tiled wall. Several tile on the shelf became loose. On removing same I found a 1/2 inch layer of a filler like putty presumably to raise the tile to an appropriate level. Since there are only a few tiles to replace I want to know how to duplicate the spacing product so the tile mastic will stick to it and bring the tile level to other tile.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This