I Need More Hot Water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives I Need More Hot Water

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We are always running out of hot water. I have a eight year old gas-fired hot water heater and am thinking of adding a second hot water heater. If my goal is to never run out of haot water should I just get the biggest hot water heater I can find and have it hooked it up in series with my exisiting unit?Thanks

Participant

: We are always running out of hot water. I have a eight year old gas-fired hot water heater and am thinking of adding a second hot water heater. If my goal is to never run out of haot water should I just get the biggest hot water heater I can find and have it hooked it up in series with my exisiting unit?: ThanksWELL MY QUESTION WOULD BE WERE YOU HAVING THESE PROBLEMS BEFORE OR DID THIS JUST START HAPPENING. IF IT JUST STARTED FIRST START BY TURNING UP THE TEMP SETTING, IF THAT DOES NOT WORK THEN MAYBE THE ACTUAL GAS VALVE IS NOT READING THE TEMP RIGHT. HONESTLY IF THAT WAS THE CASE IT WOULD BE CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN TO REPLACE THE WATER HEATER.(THE GAS VALVE IS PROBABLY 85.00 DOLLARS AND YOU STILL HAVE AN 8 YEAR TANK)

Participant

A heater in series will give more water, but do you have a large enough gas line and flue to handle two heaters, especially since a larger one will also have a larger flue outlet.: We are always running out of hot water. I have a eight year old gas-fired hot water heater and am thinking of adding a second hot water heater. If my goal is to never run out of haot water should I just get the biggest hot water heater I can find and have it hooked it up in series with my exisiting unit?: Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This