Drain Clogged with Plastic cap.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Drain Clogged with Plastic cap.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am trying to figure out how to unclog a drain that swallowed the top to a spray bottle, the clear ones that protect them while transporting. It has gone down the drain and past the area where the trap is. Is there something that will destroy plastic? I have tried a plunger, removed the trap, now I dont know what to do. It hasnt clogged anything else like the tub or dishwasher, but I am afraid it may. Any suggestions?

Participant

: I am trying to figure out how to unclog a drain that swallowed the top to a spray bottle, the clear ones that protect them while transporting. It has gone down the drain and past the area where the trap is. Is there something that will destroy plastic? I have tried a plunger, removed the trap, now I dont know what to do. It hasnt clogged anything else like the tub or dishwasher, but I am afraid it may. : Any suggestions? :WELL ITS HARD TO SAY WITHOUT SEEING IT. I TAKE IT ITS THE KITCHEN SINK. IS THERE ANY CLEANOUTS ON THAT LINE BEFORE IT TIES INTO THE MAIN, IF THERE IS TRY PUSHING IT BACK OUT WHERE THE TRAP WAS. IS YOU PIPES PLASTIC, CAST IRON, OR GALVINIZED.

Participant

If it has not caused a problem, I would not worry about it until it does. The sink drain is smaller than the pipes in the wall so if it went down the drain it will probably flow to the larger main drain and wash away. In any case, you would have to push it to the main drain, and th best time to do that is when the pipe is obstructed so you will know when you have reached the cap.: I am trying to figure out how to unclog a drain that swallowed the top to a spray bottle, the clear ones that protect them while transporting. It has gone down the drain and past the area where the trap is. Is there something that will destroy plastic? I have tried a plunger, removed the trap, now I dont know what to do. It hasnt clogged anything else like the tub or dishwasher, but I am afraid it may. : Any suggestions? :

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This