tub faucet leaks dispite washer replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives tub faucet leaks dispite washer replacement

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

the house is 34 years old, in the 4 years weve lived here we have replaced the tub hot water knob washer 6 times with ever diminishing results. is there a better washer replacement? is there something else to repair, replace or caulk? it looks as if the pipes would have to be cut to replace the whole unit –

Participant

If it is 34 ears old, the faucet should have rnewable seats inside it. Remove them and install new ones.: the house is 34 years old, in the 4 years weve lived here we have replaced the tub hot water knob washer 6 times with ever diminishing results. is there a better washer replacement? is there something else to repair, replace or caulk? it looks as if the pipes would have to be cut to replace the whole unit –

Participant

I have the same problem. My house is 25 years old. How can I find out if the faucets have renewable seats ? I have a seat wrench but dont want to bugger it up if their not removable. I would have to replace the faucet and a lot of ceramic tile.: If it is 34 ears old, the faucet should have rnewable seats inside it. Remove them and install new ones.: : the house is 34 years old, in the 4 years weve lived here we have replaced the tub hot water knob washer 6 times with ever diminishing results. is there a better washer replacement? is there something else to repair, replace or caulk? it looks as if the pipes would have to be cut to replace the whole unit –

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This