slow drip from toilet water valve

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives slow drip from toilet water valve

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have tightened the valve w/monkey wrench and it still seems to slowlyu drip. What is involved in replacing the valve besides shutting off the water supply? Can I loosen the valve and replace something such as a washer or use teflon tape? Is it possible to tighten a valve too tight, so you get a leak again?

Participant

: I have tightened the valve w/monkey wrench and it still seems to slowlyu drip. : What is involved in replacing the valve besides shutting off the water supply? : Can I loosen the valve and replace something such as a washer or use teflon tape? : Is it possible to tighten a valve too tight, so you get a leak again? :shaun, always turn off the water if your going to replace a valve or its components. washers/seals/stems are available for most makes but ive found these little valves to be a real problem not because of their size but they arent used very often. id replace the whole valve they arent too much. yes you can over tighten a valve adjustment nut. if this job is a little over your current skill level get a pal who can help to come over. when im in doubt thats my program. the other thing is that wc is probably important soo make sure you have all the tools and parts when you get intoit. make a list and chk it 2wice. good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This