Sewer gases

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sewer gases

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

At our school in the ladies bathroom it smells of sewer gas all the time. They tell us that they are working on the problem but it has not gotten any better. The building is in a negitive pressure cause I can tell when we open a door and all the cooler rushes in. Also the pilot lights on the kitchen stoves ar out on monday mornings after the school has been closed up for 2 days. What can we do to get this fixed? And what are the health risks? Please respond.

Participant

I would hope that the first thing they checked was the floor drains. That is the source of sewer gas in most cases. Especially in a negative presure situation.: At our school in the ladies bathroom it smells of sewer gas all the time. They tell us that they are working on the problem but it has not gotten any better. The building is in a negitive pressure cause I can tell when we open a door and all the cooler rushes in. Also the pilot lights on the kitchen stoves ar out on monday mornings after the school has been closed up for 2 days. What can we do to get this fixed? And what are the health risks? Please respond.

Participant

: I would hope that the first thing they checked was the floor drains. That is the source of sewer gas in most cases. Especially in a negative presure situation.: : At our school in the ladies bathroom it smells of sewer gas all the time. They tell us that they are working on the problem but it has not gotten any better. The building is in a negitive pressure cause I can tell when we open a door and all the cooler rushes in. Also the pilot lights on the kitchen stoves ar out on monday mornings after the school has been closed up for 2 days. What can we do to get this fixed? And what are the health risks? Please respond.CHECK FLOOR DRAINS LIKE SOMEONE STATEDABOVE AND ALSO.

Participant

: I would hope that the first thing they checked was the floor drains. That is the source of sewer gas in most cases. Especially in a negative presure situation.: : At our school in the ladies bathroom it smells of sewer gas all the time. They tell us that they are working on the problem but it has not gotten any better. The building is in a negitive pressure cause I can tell when we open a door and all the cooler rushes in. Also the pilot lights on the kitchen stoves ar out on monday mornings after the school has been closed up for 2 days. What can we do to get this fixed? And what are the health risks? Please respond.

Participant

: I would hope that the first thing they checked was the floor drains. That is the source of sewer gas in most cases. Especially in a negative presure situation.: : At our school in the ladies bathroom it smells of sewer gas all the time. They tell us that they are working on the problem but it has not gotten any better. The building is in a negitive pressure cause I can tell when we open a door and all the cooler rushes in. Also the pilot lights on the kitchen stoves ar out on monday mornings after the school has been closed up for 2 days. What can we do to get this fixed? And what are the health risks? Please respond.I am experiencing extreme headaches and nausea from the same situation in our school. My doctor has indicated that this situation is the most likely cause so please forward an information you may discover. Thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This