gas water heater gas valve

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas water heater gas valve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am interested to know about water heater gas valve. Does the thermocouple control the gas that goes to the burner or the pilot or both? is it possible to keep the pilot burning while the thermocouple is removed? I understand it is needed for the safty reason. If you explain how the main gas valve operate will be very helpful. Thank you

Participant

Mehrdad:–When the thermocouple is being heated by the pilot flame, it is generating electrical energy. This energy supplys an electromagnet inside the valve body with the power to hold open the main gas control. If the pilot goes out, the main gas flow control automatically closes due to the lost energy from the thermocouple. When this happens all gas ceases to flow through the valve including the pilot flame supply. Bud…

Participant

BUD: CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO ADD A TIMER TO MY GAS WATER HEATER? IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD A TIMER AND A SOME KIND OF STEP MOTOR TO TURN THE THERMOSTAT TO LOW TEMP WHEN I DO NOT NEED IT AND BY ACTIVATING THE STEP MOTOR TURN THE THERMOSTAT TO HIGH TEMP? MAY BE I CAN USE ANOTHER VALVE TO CONNECT TO THE OUT PUT TO THE BURNER AND CONTROL IT BY MY TIMER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW A BETTER WAY OF DOING IT. IS THERE ANY OTHER PART OF VALVE WE CAN CONFUSE SO IT WILL NOT ACTIVATE THE BURNER. (MAY BE SHOCKING IT WITH LOW VOLTAGE.

Participant

: I am interested to know about water heater gas valve. : Does the thermocouple control the gas that goes to the burner or the pilot or both? : is it possible to keep the pilot burning while the thermocouple is removed? I understand it is needed for the safty reason. : If you explain how the main gas valve operate will be very helpful. : Thank youkindly send us your catalogs on the following address:United Group Corp. P.O.Box 2646 Amman 11181, Jordan

Participant

: I am interested to know about water heater gas valve. : Does the thermocouple control the gas that goes to the burner or the pilot or both? : is it possible to keep the pilot burning while the thermocouple is removed? I understand it is needed for the safty reason. : If you explain how the main gas valve operate will be very helpful. : Thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This