Moen shower faucet repair

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Moen shower faucet repair

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Our 8 year old Moen shower was leaking. I removed the coverplate for the pullhandle and eventually removed the little metal half-circle ring. What does the cartridge that needs replacing look like? All I can see is a pull-head in the centre, and directly above and below it are two little rubbery blocks. What should and what shouldnt come loose? What tool(s) do you suggest I use? Many thanks in advance.

Participant

You should have had to remove a small brass retainer clip that went through the holes in the body and held the core in. After that, the piece that the push/pull stem fits into has to be removed. If you have the plastic stem and the two rubbery things fit into recesses on either side, then you may have removed the cartidge. Otherwise, you need one or more of 4 different Moen cartridge extractors and which ones will depend on how tight the stem is in the faucet and whether it separates into two pieces during the extraction. : Our 8 year old Moen shower was leaking. I removed the coverplate for the pullhandle and eventually removed the little metal half-circle ring. What does the cartridge that needs replacing look like? All I can see is a pull-head in the centre, and directly above and below it are two little rubbery blocks. What should and what shouldnt come loose? What tool(s) do you suggest I use? Many thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This