Bathtub Replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Bathtub Replacement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I want to replace a 60 cast iron tub with a 60 fiberglass shower base and enclosure. The bathroom is on a concrete slab. I have not been able to find a 60 unit that has a left hand drain that will mate with the existing tub drain. What are my options? Is it possible to extend the drain pipe in order to install a unit with a center drain? Remember this is on a slab. Is the old drum trap a concern? Any help would be appreciated.

Participant

There are no shower units with the drain at the end. You have to break the concrete and exend the 2 drain to the new location and install a P trap after you remove the drum trap.Do you have enough room to get the shower unit into the room and maneuver it into position?: I want to replace a 60 cast iron tub with a 60 fiberglass shower base and enclosure. The bathroom is on a concrete slab. I have not been able to find a 60 unit that has a left hand drain that will mate with the existing tub drain. What are my options? Is it possible to extend the drain pipe in order to install a unit with a center drain? Remember this is on a slab. Is the old drum trap a concern? Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This