gas furnace fan stuck on

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas furnace fan stuck on

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable?

Participant

: my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable? Tony.Depending on the age of the furnace the fix may as simple as hitting the fan control or as difficult as replacing the control board. . One thing you may want to check is if you have central air,the switch on the thermostat is not in the fanon position. It should be in fan Auto. A fan control determines when the fan should turn on and off. sometimes they will hang up and not shut off. sometimes you may be able to raise the off setting. dave.

Participant

: my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable?

Participant

My problem is I put in a new relay in my Trane air handler (built 1987). The fan works fine on auto in the AC mode, but wont kick on for the furnace operation. Burner comes on, and turns off in about 30 seconds, when the fan fails to come on. The fan limit switch seems to work ok. I can run the furnace in manual mode, with the fan in manual on, where the burner stays on after that.I think its a wiring connection error at the relay… any ideas?

Participant

: my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable?

Participant

: : my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable?what type of furnace do you have. Is it a newer 90+ model or is it an older model gas furnace. the newer model furnaces that are 90+ will run continuously if there is a tripped safety switch. if so, look for a stopped up drain for the condensate, or a stopped up chamber. If it is an older model check the fan control. That is a bimetal dial on the side of the furnace that operates your fan in the heat mode when the chamber heats up and calls for the fan to circulate the warm air.

Participant

: : my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable?what type of furnace do you have. Is it a newer 90+ model or is it an older model gas furnace. the newer model furnaces that are 90+ will run continuously if there is a tripped safety switch. if so, look for a stopped up drain for the condensate, or a stopped up chamber. If it is an older model check the fan control. That is a bimetal dial on the side of the furnace that operates your fan in the heat mode when the chamber heats up and calls for the fan to circulate the warm air.

Participant

: : my gas furnace fan is stuck on with or without the furnace firing up………is there some sort of relay?? is it harry homeowner servicable? : Tony.Depending on the age of the furnace the fix may as simple as hitting the fan control or as difficult as replacing the control board. : . One thing you may want to check is if you have central air,the switch on the thermostat is not in the fanon position. It should be in fan Auto. : A fan control determines when the fan should turn on and off. sometimes they will hang up and not shut off. sometimes you may be able to raise the off setting. : dave.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This