Clogged main drainpipe

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Clogged main drainpipe

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I live in a one story house on a concrete foundation. I believe our main drainpipe is clogged. After flushing our toilet about 5 ot 6 times, the water backs up. It does drain out, but very very slow. I tried a 20 ft auger in the toilet, but I dont think it reached the clog. And now I cant find a cleanout plug. Do all houses have a cleanout plug? Are they placed in a standard location. I noticed a letter S on the curb in front of our house. Is this where the drain pipe runs into the sewer? Would a chemical unclogger work on this kind of clog? I would greatly appreciate any help.Daniel Hammond

Participant

do you have a septic system or city? rental stores can provide powered rooters/cleaners with up to 100 of cable. another problem could be crushed tile in your septic bed or a tree root that has invaded the waste pipe. how about freezing temps/frozen ground in your area that may have cracked the waste pipes? look for evidence of heavy vehicles or past digging around your septic bed or waste pipe. good luck and let me know if i can help with other ideas

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This