copper shower pan

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives copper shower pan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

What is the common hight for a copper pan? Does the copper pan lip over the curb and around to the other side (outside of shower) curb or does it simply go up the inside curb of the shower? What kind of nails should you use to fasten the shower pan to the curb?

Participant

It is only effective up to the level of the door curb so it does not have to return down on the outside. You never want any nails through the pan below the water level. I also question the wisdom of a copper pan. My experience with them has been that because the seams have to be soldered and the material is in an area subject to both water and caustics, (the concrete itself), that it can corrode and get pinholes in it. The ideal pan has no seams below the overflow level of the curb. : What is the common hight for a copper pan? Does the copper pan lip over the curb and around to the other side (outside of shower) curb or does it simply go up the inside curb of the shower? What kind of nails should you use to fasten the shower pan to the curb?

Participant

: It is only effective up to the level of the door curb so it does not have to return down on the outside. You never want any nails through the pan below the water level. I also question the wisdom of a copper pan. My experience with them has been that because the seams have to be soldered and the material is in an area subject to both water and caustics, (the concrete itself), that it can corrode and get pinholes in it. The ideal pan has no seams below the overflow level of the curb. : : What is the common hight for a copper pan? Does the copper pan lip over the curb and around to the other side (outside of shower) curb or does it simply go up the inside curb of the shower? What kind of nails should you use to fasten the shower pan to the curb?Check out our web site http://www.April Showers.net

Participant

Dear Sir-We have a trailer in maine and were trying to put an outside in… Do you know anyone who sell better ways then that big plastic bag? If you can help we would appreciate it. Thank you Dennis Cashman

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This