Water Softener ??

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Water Softener ??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

We recently moved into a home on city water service. Apparently the previous owners saw fit to install what was called a water softener on the listing. Upon further inspection I’m not sure what it really is. I always thought a water softener needed to be recharged with salt on a reguar basis, but I’m not sure where it’s supposed to go on this unit. The unit stands about 4 1/2 feet tall and is about 8-10″ in diameter. It has a timer on top which appears to be the only electrical requirement for the unit.
        Do no-salt water softeners exist?, what do they look like ?

What sort of maintenance does this unit need ? Anyone know where I can get more info ??

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Participant

CZ, sorry I couldn’t get to this sooner but I was on the road. Sounds like you are dealing with an automatic filter of some sort. Without any further information I would say it’s most likely a carbon filter that automatically backwashes itself. No, I have never seen any ion exchange softeners that don’t use a brine tank to regenerate the resin inside the tank. Maybe you could supply me with a little more info on system and I could be of more help. Good luck

Participant

Yes, no-salt water conditioners do exist. It sounds like you have a carbon backwashing filter with built-in catalytic/magnetic hard water conditioner. Please refer to this webpage for additional information. http://www.raindancewatersystems.com/maxicure.html

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This