Hot Water Running out way too soon.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot Water Running out way too soon.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a hot water heater, Make: Rheam 40 Gal., only 7 years old that within the last 2 weeks ran us out of hot water, within 10 minutes of shower time. It is just the wif and I who live in this house. we have a dishwasher(always have) and we were both always allowed to take a shower, before the hot water ran out. I checked heater, no leaks at all, so what gives???

Participant

Larry:–Sounds like your lower heating element has taken early retirement. Check the voltage to the lower element…if its getting voltage(220), and its not heating, its the element. If you change it use a low watt density element to replace it . after you clean any accumulation of debris from the bottom of the tank…Lots of Luck…Bud.

Participant

I had the same problem. I found the problem to be my lower heating element. When I took it out I saw why – it was pretty corroded. I replaced both the upper and lower elements and now I have hot water to spare. I know virtually nothing about water heaters so I asked at Lowes Home Improvement Store and got the scoop on what to do. Its an easy job and the heating elements were only $6.00 apiece.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This