Dishwasher – Standing Water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Dishwasher – Standing Water

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Was there a answer to daves posting. I have the same problem.

Participant

: Was there a answer to daves posting. I have the same : problem.have you checked to see if the dishwasher drain hose is looped up at least higher than bottom of sink. as you know a little water is in bottom to lub pump.

Participant

Yes, the hose looks ok. It comes out of the dishwasher at the bottom, goes up at about a 45 degree angle and loops a little above the bottom of the sink. No leaks in the hose. The water I have left is about up to and out of the door of the dishwasher. I have to bail it out with a cup. I wonder if there is a clog somewhere. Thanks for your reply.

Participant

: Yes, the hose looks ok. It comes out of the : dishwasher at the bottom, goes up at about a : 45 degree angle and loops a little above the : bottom of the sink. No leaks in the hose. : The water I have left is about up to and out of : the door of the dishwasher. I have to bail it : out with a cup. I wonder if there is a clog : somewhere. Thanks for your reply.try disconnecting hose under sink and blowing back through to dishwasher. if it connects to a disposal check opening, sometimes food will get pushed back into hole. if you get the water our check around in bottom of dishwasher there may be something blocking pump well opening. good luck

Participant

I might be able to unhook what was just done with the pipes. When you say blow it out, do to mean just blow on the end of the pipe using my own breath. Also, I felt under the pipe configuaration inside the dishwasher and couldnt feel anything. The configuration starts with a holland windmill thing which I assume sprays water because of the holes in it. Can I just take everything apart… do I have to shut off the circuit breaker before I get to the electric part of it. Thanks for your reply.

Participant

: I might be able to unhook what was just done with : the pipes. When you say blow it out, do to mean : just blow on the end of the pipe using my own : breath. Also, I felt under the pipe configuaration : inside the dishwasher and couldnt feel anything. : The configuration starts with a holland windmill : thing which I assume sprays water because of the : holes in it. Can I just take everything apart… : do I have to shut off the circuit breaker before : I get to the electric part of it. Thanks for your : reply.What do you mean by just done. Is this a new install. If so does it connect to a garbage disposal, if so then the knock out plug in connection on disposal may still be in place. Yes , simply wipe off end of hose and blow. I wouldnt suggest that you take anything elect. apart without cutting off breaker. If the pump motor becomes involed then call a reliable service co. keep me posted

Participant

There is no disposal. One pipe had rotted out and the others were not great so we had someone come in and replace all the pipes under the sink. The connection he put in from the diswasher to the pipes is very solid. I suppose I could unhook it but I dont want to call him back in just to rehook it. I assume to check inside the dishwasher for blockage I have to take each piece apart until I get to the very bottom. Since one of the pieces is the heating rod… I guest I should turn the electricity off. Otherwise the alternative is the cost of calling someone in verses a new dishwasher. Thanks for your reply.

Participant

: There is no disposal. One pipe had rotted out and : the others were not great so we had someone come : in and replace all the pipes under the sink. The : connection he put in from the diswasher to the : pipes is very solid. I suppose I could unhook it : but I dont want to call him back in just to : rehook it. I assume to check inside the dishwasher : for blockage I have to take each piece apart until : I get to the very bottom. Since one of the pieces : is the heating rod… I guest I should turn the : electricity off. Otherwise the alternative is : the cost of calling someone in verses a new : dishwasher. Thanks for your reply.If the dishwasher worked immediatelly before the work and not immediatelly after. Then I would call whoever did work.

Participant

nt

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This