Valves and fittings for cast iron radiators

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Valves and fittings for cast iron radiators

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #273680

      I need to find a source for a valve and a 90 degree fitting for one of the radiators in my house. Is there a salvage warehouse for this kind of thing – does anyone stock them?

    • #288295

      Yes these items are stocked from sizes ranging from less then 1/2″ to 2″ radiator valves and “steam fittings”

      Before you start looking in your yellow pages you should know if your using a hot water or steam system.

      The steam fittings can be used on either BUT the valves do make a big difference.

      If your using steam heating it would also be a great idea to know your actual working pressure as we have systems here that work between 1/2 PSI to over 125# steam supply.

      I am sure most local licensed plumbers in your area could be more then qualified to take care of your heating requirements.

    • #288296

      Thanks for the information. I have hot water heat, typically, not hotter than 140 degrees. The couplings on my radiator are nearly the same as a 1″ coupling. I have used coupling halves before as a temporary connection, but since they are not exactly the same, I don’t feel this is the way to go.

      You stated that any plumbing supply house should be able to get my parts. I will try this, but because my system was originally installed in 1932, I was hoping to find period correct fittings and valves. Any ideas?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This