Rheem Optima Water Heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Rheem Optima Water Heater

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have just had a Rheem Optima Water Heater (315 ltr) installed. The electrician in his wisdom had temporarily connected the power to the lower element but no the top element. I have no hot water and I suspect that the way it has been connected is the reason why. Can somebody clarify please?

Participant

: I have just had a Rheem Optima Water Heater (315 ltr) installed. The electrician in his wisdom had temporarily connected the power to the lower element but no the top element. I have no hot water and I suspect that the way it has been connected is the reason why. Can somebody clarify please?try asking Rheem :) [email protected] advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

It depends on how he powered the lower element. If he just disconnected the power to the upper one, then the lower one will never turn on, since the upper element has to heat its part of the tank before the lower one turns on.: I have just had a Rheem Optima Water Heater (315 ltr) installed. The electrician in his wisdom had temporarily connected the power to the lower element but no the top element. I have no hot water and I suspect that the way it has been connected is the reason why. Can somebody clarify please?

Participant

Thank you – I had a feeling that would be the case. Just needed some feedback. Ta.: It depends on how he powered the lower element. If he just disconnected the power to the upper one, then the lower one will never turn on, since the upper element has to heat its part of the tank before the lower one turns on.: : I have just had a Rheem Optima Water Heater (315 ltr) installed. The electrician in his wisdom had temporarily connected the power to the lower element but no the top element. I have no hot water and I suspect that the way it has been connected is the reason why. Can somebody clarify please?

Participant

: I have just had a Rheem Optima Water Heater (315 ltr) installed. The electrician in his wisdom had temporarily connected the power to the lower element but no the top element. I have no hot water and I suspect that the way it has been connected is the reason why. Can somebody clarify please?

Participant

My water heater is sweating and formong a puddle each day, Is this Normal?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This