Condensation or Leak on Hot Water Heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Condensation or Leak on Hot Water Heater

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

There is a small amount of water in the drain pan of the hot water heater. It appears to be less than 1 gallon a week as I bailed out the pan a week ago. I have watched the outside drain also and nothing seems to have come down since I cleared the pan. Is this amount normal for condensation? How can I tell for sure? If it is a leak, how really urgent is the replacement?

Participant

Condensation only occurs with cold water in the tank and a water heater is insulated so even that does not occur. The only condensation in a water heater is with a gas heater when the burner runs and the tank is cold and that condensation is evaporated by the heat of the burner. You have a leaking tank.: There is a small amount of water in the drain pan of the hot water heater. It appears to be less than 1 gallon a week as I bailed out the pan a week ago. I have watched the outside drain also and nothing seems to have come down since I cleared the pan. Is this amount normal for condensation? How can I tell for sure? If it is a leak, how really urgent is the replacement?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This