rusty-color water (cont.)

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives rusty-color water (cont.)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Dear Plumbing Experts,BTW, the superintendent explained that the rusty color may be due to deposit of copper residues from the cutting and soldering of the pipes. Am I getting the correct answer? If so, was this a result of poor workmanship? The plumber should fix this problem before I move in, right?Thanks

: Dear Plumbing Experts, Could copper pipes cause greenish-brown water? Our new home has a new well producing greenish-brown water. Our plumber is at a loss as to what is causing it and the well digger is passing the buck… One day we ran the water for 12 hours as requested by the plumber. Weve lived here now for 4 1/2 weeks and the color is still bad. We have the best water softner, an extra filter and the well has been flushed with bleach. Is it likely that the color can still clear up on its own? Is it safe to drink? Any recommendations on how to clean up this water. Thnks, Nanc

: Dear Plumbing Experts,: BTW, the superintendent explained that the rusty color may be due to deposit of copper residues from the cutting and soldering of the pipes. Am I getting the correct answer? If so, was this a result of poor workmanship? The plumber should fix this problem before I move in, right?: Thanks I would think copper pipe would give bluish/green color. Please post your final solution, Thanks blm189

: : Dear Plumbing Experts,I recently did a load of laundry and the entire load came out with scattered rust stains. Also, my husband was brushing his teeth and a gust of rusty water came from the faucet and stained his toothbrush.We just bought the house in March and the problem started occuring only this week. We have a 2 month old baby, is the water safe? What should we do?Any advice/help is highly appreciated.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This