HELP: wobbly kitchen faucet installaton

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing HELP: wobbly kitchen faucet installaton

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi, I’m a total novice and replaced my kitchen faucet with a Moen traditional 2-handle faucet. It came with a gasket to fit under the base so I wouldn’t need plumber’s putty. The
        installation wernt fine and it works, with no leaks. However, the faucet is a bit wobbly on the sink. It’s not really noticeable unless you try & move it around, but it’s a bit disconcerting
        since every other sink in the house (which I DIDN’T install) is immobile.

Is this because of the gasket? Or did I do something wrong? Should I have MORE firmly tightened the plastic jamb nuts (which hold it in place under tthe sink, and which the instructions
        said only needed hand-tightening, and caution against OVER-tightening)? Maybe I didn’t fit the gasket under the base properly? It seems like it should be leaking if it’s a loose seal…

Please respond privately or publicly ASAP, it’s driving me NUTS…

THANKS! Nils

Participant

(which hold it in place under tthe sink, and which the instructions said only needed hand-tightening, and caution against OVER-tightening)

You can carefully tighten it more.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This