Gas Hot Water Heaters Troubles

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Gas Hot Water Heaters Troubles

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a gas hot water heater. I do ot have a check valve nor a recirculation pump. 5-10 minutes after using the hotwater, there is a noise in the pipes. The hotwater heater is less than 7 years old. I have drained it several times. In the last two days the sound has lasted longer. The temperature setting is at the factory setting. What to do.Marriage in trouble on this one.Tom

Tom:-Gas Water Heater..no pump..no check valve.. Heater makes noise..7 years old..marriage in trouble. If I have all the facts, heres the real deal…You can live without a pump…you can live without a check valve…Its seven years old and out of warranty…your wife and your water heater are both making noises…which will be the easiest to live without? If you opt for a new heater, keep the temperature setting at less than 135 F.. When the water gets hotter than that it starts to precipitate out some of the disolved solids. They form granular crud that accumultes in the bottom of your heater and is responsible for all the crunch-crunch-pop-crunch-pop noise. It is all but impossible to drain the heater of this stuff through the stupid little valve that is supplied with the heater. If you replace that worthless valve with a full flow ball valve, you may have better success with cleaning attempts. You will need a 3/4 galvanized nipple about 2 long to install the new Ball Valve. You will also need a 3/4 mip X 3/4 Male hose thread adapter so that you can connect a garden hose to it(use a short section of hose as big in diameter as possible) and catch the crud in a 5 gallon pail. If you are successfull do this several times and you wife and heater will both become quieter, and reduce the temperature to as low as is practicable. Lots of luck………Bud

I have a gas hot water heater that is putting out white sediment into my Bathtub Please Help! Sincerly Lynnette We have drained it and it still does that Thanks for the help

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This